I first made this recipe, Chicken Cream Cheese Croissants or Chicken Stuffed Crescent Rolls years and years ago when my now 22 year old son was little. Now this recipe has been seen almost 2 million times and growing daily.
He devoured them and still will regularly ask to have them for dinner secretly hoping there will be leftovers so he can eat one for lunch the next day. I keep these ingredients on hand as my “go to” recipe when ever I’m in a pinch. To say we LOVE them, is putting it mildly, they are truly a family favorite!
Cream Cheese Chicken stuffed in a flakey croissant has become a stable recipe in our home. It’s tried tested and true.
Cream Cheese Chicken Croissants
- 2 Cups Shredded Chicken See Recipe Below
- 2 Pop Cans Croissants
- 1 8oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 bunch Green Onions
- 1/4 cup Bell Pepper Chopped and diced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Butter softened
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Egg *optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- In a bowl mix cream cheese and butter, until blended. Add milk. Mixture will be chunky if cream cheese is not softened. It’s okay. Add in shredded chicken, diced green onions, diced green bell pepper, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- On a cutting board, unroll one tube of Croissants. They are all precut, so with your fingers pinch together the cut lines. You will be make 4 rectangles out of the 8 croissants. See Photo
- One each rectangle place 1/4 cup of mixture in the center of the croissant and bring corners together and pinch to close.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg and brush egg over each croissant. (Optional)
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve.
- How to make Shredded Chicken
- Place 1 Cup water or Chicken Broth in Bottom of Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- Place 2 Chicken Breasts in Instant Pot on Trivet
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper over Chicken Breasts
- Sprinkle crushed garlic on chicken
- Close Instant Pot Lid and check to make sure pressure valve is closed
- Set on Manual (Presser Cook) High for 18 minutes
- Allow a 20 minute Natural Release
- Remove Chicken Breasts and one at a time shred chicken with forks
- Use in a meal, or package and freeze for later use
Want to change it up?
Add 1/2 Cup shredded Parmesan or 1/3 Cup Bacon Bits
-Don’t miss! A Secret “CARB TRICK” That Burns Up To 1 Pound Per Day
Are you tired of dieting, counting calories and killing yourself in the gym? You are doing everything right and still can’t achieve the desired weight?
A 40-year-old Sarah Donovan burned away 22 pounds in just 13 days with this strange “carb-pairing” trick, without exercise or starving.