In this article, we will show you how to prepare an amazing creamy Mozzarella sauce with sun-dried tomatoes and basil. You can use this combined with shrimps or if you like another alternative you can use chicken and pasta as well.
Below you can read the ingredients for this Creamy Mozzarella Shrimp Pasta recipe:
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp (without shells, and deveined)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes crushed, add more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup reserved cooked pasta water (or more)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to make this Creamy Mozzarella Shrimp Pasta recipe
Cooking the pasta
- As regular. Save some of the cooking water. Then drain the pasta.
Cooking the shrimps:
- if you use sun-dried tomatoes in oil you need to drain them from the oil. You can save 2 tablespoons of this drained oil for using as mentioned below:
- Take one big skillet and heat 2 tablespoons olive oil (a regular one or the saved one from the drained tomatoes) on medium heat.
- Then include the shrimps together with minced garlic. Sprinkle some salt over them and cook on each side for around 1 minute until it changes the color to golden.
- It is important for the shrimps not to be crowded in the skillet because they will not cook properly.
- Be careful not to overcook them, and then place them on a plate.
Preparing the creamy Mozzarella sauce
- Use the same skillet, include the sun-dried tomatoes (you can chop them on pieces) and minced garlic.
- Then cook them around 1 minute in the olive oil on medium heat (oil that was left inside from the shrimps).
- Add half and half (1/2 cup of milk + 1/2 cup of heavy cream) inside the skillet, let it boil.
- Then include the shredded cheese inside and stir well while it is still boiling, then lower the heat right away in order to simmer.
- Cook it like this on lower heat until it gets melted into a creamy sauce.
- If you think the sauce is too thick, add a little of half-and-half or the saved pasta water.
- Then include the spices: basil, crushed red pepper flakes, paprika. Mix well.
- Add the 1/4 teaspoon of salt but gradually while tasting all of the time because you may need less than that.
Assembling the shrimp pasta:
- You need to add the cooked pasta to the sauce, and put it on medium heat.
- Then include the cooked shrimps and mix well.
- Season more if necessary and taste it.
- If the sauce is too thick, do the same as above.
- In the end, just leave everything to simmer for several minutes in order for all of the flavors to combine together.
We hope you’ll like this Creamy Mozzarella Shrimp Pasta recipe.
-Don’t miss! A Secret “CARB TRICK” That Burns Up To 1 Pound Per Day
Are you tired of dieting, counting calories and killing yourself in the gym? You are doing everything right and still can’t achieve the desired weight?
A 40-year-old Sarah Donovan burned away 22 pounds in just 13 days with this strange “carb-pairing” trick, without exercise or starving.