My yummy Mexican Pinwheels Recipe is a party favorite that’s full of bright, bold flavors you’ll crave! Your guests will ask for seconds and thirds!
One of my favorite things about these pinwheels, besides the flavor, is all the colors! These little guys taste as good as they look, and you can customize them with your favorite add-ins.
Love black beans, throw them in the mix!
Prefer ground beef to chicken? Make a substitution.
These pinwheels can also be made ahead of time, covered with plastic wrap, and kept in the fridge until ready to serve. Make-ahead recipes are my favorite when I’m hosting a party! You may want to make a double batch though. These bites go quickly!
Easy Mexican Pinwheels
- 16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cup cooked chicken breast shredded
- 1 cup salsa whichever brand you like
- 6 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 6 10-inch flour tortillas
- To a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, oregano, garlic powder, and cumin. Use a spoon or spatula to mix everything together until evenly combined.
- Add the cheese, chicken, and salsa to the cream cheese mixture. Stir together until evenly combined.
- Add the cilantro and bell peppers to the filling. Stir until incorporated.
- Lay one tortilla flat on a cutting board. Place 1/3 of the filling in the center of the tortilla. Use the back of a spoon or a spatula to spread the filling evenly over the tortilla. (You don’t need to go all the way to the sides as they will be discarded later.) Carefully roll up the tortilla, starting with the side closest to you, until you create a log shape.
- Repeat filling and rolling the remaining two tortillas, using 1/3 of the filling for each.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the end off of one of the rolled tortillas so that your next cut is where the filling starts. Cut the tortilla into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch slices. (You should get about 8 pinwheels per tortillas.)
- Place the pinwheels on a serving plate.
- Serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
The number of pinwheels will vary based on the size of your tortillas, the amount of filling used, and how thick you cut the slices.
You can cut down on the prep time by using store-bought rotisserie chicken or using left oven chicken from dinner the night before.
-Don’t miss! A Secret “CARB TRICK” That Burns Up To 1 Pound Per Day
Are you tired of dieting, counting calories and killing yourself in the gym? You are doing everything right and still can’t achieve the desired weight?
A 40-year-old Sarah Donovan burned away 22 pounds in just 13 days with this strange “carb-pairing” trick, without exercise or starving.