This healthy turkey chili recipe is one of the best turkey chili recipes you may find. It is the perfect lunch recipe for you and your family.
You should prepare this recipe using ground turkey, kidney beans and corn, deliciously spiced including protein and fiber. Can it be more perfect than this?
How to make this healthy turkey chili recipe
Things that you will need:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey or chicken
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 can diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- cheese, avocado, tortilla chips, cilantro, sour cream used for the topping
How to prepare this:
- Take one pot, put some oil inside and turn it on medium heat. Then, include the onion, garlic, and red pepper and cook it for around 5-10 minutes and stir all of the time.
- After this include the ground turkey and break it up with a spoon on little pieces. Cook it until it changes its color. After that include the spices: chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and salt. Leave it to stir around half a minute.
- Then you include the tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans, and corn. Lave all this to boil and then lower the heat. Leave it to simmer for half an hour or more if necessary in order for the taste to come together. You can try it to see if it needs salt additionally.
- You can use what you like for garnishing.
You can also prepare this meal in a slow cooker. In this case, you need to lower the chicken broth to 1/2 cup and also brown the turkey and onions before you add them in the slow cooker.
I didn’t expect this recipe to be such tasty. It really surprised me and since then it is on my top list!
It has a thick texture and amazing flavor. You just have to try it and see what I am talking about.
-Don’t miss! A Secret “CARB TRICK” That Burns Up To 1 Pound Per Day
Are you tired of dieting, counting calories and killing yourself in the gym? You are doing everything right and still can’t achieve the desired weight?
A 40-year-old Sarah Donovan burned away 22 pounds in just 13 days with this strange “carb-pairing” trick, without exercise or starving.