Alfredo Sauce is the most creamy and delicious homemade alfredo sauce that you will ever make! This is a tried and true recipe and you will agree that it is the best recipe out there!
I just had to post my favorite alfredo recipe that I have created here on the blog. There are a few secret ingredients that set it apart from all of the rest. If there is one thing I can always count on my family to eat it is my homemade alfredo sauce over pasta.
We recently had some company over for dinner and I made these Chicken Bacon Garlic Alfredo Roll-Ups and they always are a huge hit! This alfredo sauce is thick and creamy and the flavor is out of the world. It is restaurant quality that you can make right at home!
What is the Homemade alfredo sauce recipe
Classic Alfredo Sauce is a simple but elegant creamy, white sauce that is commonly known to layover pasta noodles. It is made from butter, a type of cream and parmesan cheese.
Adding seasonings and cream cheese for a thickener I like to blend a rich, creamy sauce together that is simple and irresistible. The end result of this mixture is satisfying to say the least!
What you need to make alfredo sauce
Simple ingredients for an elegant sauce that is a classic dish loved by all. Alfredo Sauce just has a smooth, creamy texture that melts in your mouth. The best results comes from the ingredients. Using the freshest ingredients is key!
Fresh parmesan cheese grated off the block is one of those key ingredients. This will create a smooth textured sauce rather than a grainy one. Each of these ingredients melt and blend together so well creating a masterpiece!
- Butter: either unsalted or salted work for this alfredo sauce recipe.
- Heavy whipping cream: for a richer and creamy flavor heavy whipping cream is preferred over whipping cream.
- Cream cheese: this adds a nice thick consistency to your alfredo sauce.
- Minced garlic: for best flavoring use fresh garlic and mince it the best you can.
- Garlic powder: adds to the rich and garlic flavoring.
- Italian seasoning: brings on an Italian fill and blends all the seasonings together.
- Salt and pepper: just to taste!
- Grated parmesan cheese: using real parmesan cheese is best. Powdered cheese will create a grainy texture and does not melt through when heated.
How to make Alfredo sauce
Creating this masterpiece does take a little bit of time. We all know that it is worth it! We love Alfredo sauce and it is a quick and easy sauce that can be made in minutes with these simple ingredients. Enjoy alfredo sauce right when you need it!
- Whisk dairy ingredients together: In a medium saucepan add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted.
- Add and whisk seasonings: Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth.
- Stir in cheese: Add the grated parmesan cheese.
- Thicken your sauce: Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Toss with pasta: Toss it with your favorite pasta!
Ways to use Alfredo Sauce
This alfredo sauce recipe comes together pretty easily and you will never go back to the jarred alfredo sauce again! It is awesome on top of just about any pasta but is also delicious used as a dip or even spread on pizza. You can’t go wrong where you add your Alfredo Sauce to!
- Pasta: Any pasta is great with Alfredo Sauce. The thicker and larger is best to soak up the rich, thick and creamy sauce.
- Pizza: Alfredo pizza is one of our favorites. We love the fresh and lighter taste this sauce has to offer. This Chicken Alfredo Pizza is a great use of Alfredo Sauce recipe. Making my Quick and Easy Dough for the crust is a great combination too.
- Dipping: We love to dip breadsticks or Miracle No-Knead Bread. It is always so delicious and almost addicting it is so good!
- Casserole: I have several casserole dishes that work so well with this alfredo sauce. It is easy to make and add to a simple casserole. Try this Pesto Alfredo Chicken Casserole for your next main meal!
We hope you’ll like our recipe and thanks for visiting us.
-Don’t miss! A Secret “CARB TRICK” That Burns Up To 1 Pound Per Day
Are you tired of dieting, counting calories and killing yourself in the gym? You are doing everything right and still can’t achieve the desired weight?
A 40-year-old Sarah Donovan burned away 22 pounds in just 13 days with this strange “carb-pairing” trick, without exercise or starving.