Snickers are one of my favorite candy bars and I love using them in recipes (like our Homemade Snickers Ice Cream), but this weekend I thought – why not make Homemade Snickers Bars from scratch?!
This recipe is surprisingly easy – I really thought nougat would be harder to make… and dare I say it? I think these even taste better than the original!
Homemade Snickers Bars
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Casserole dish – I’ve used an 8″ x 8″ and a 9″ x 13″ for this recipe, it just changes how thick the bars are. I love these oven-safe Pyrex dishes that come with lids.
- Parchment paper
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Offset spatula
- Mixing bowls (metal or glass, preferably) <– love this set with lids
- Spatula <– I like these ones that don’t have removable heads that bacteria can get trapped underneath
- Electric mixer
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp plus 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (7oz) container of marshmallow creme fluff
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 bag (11 oz) caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Line your baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place a pan of water over high heat and allow to boil – place a glass or metal bowl over top and add the 1 cup of the chocolate chips with 3 Tablespoons peanut butter and melt until smooth, stirring frequently. (You can microwave the chocolate chips if preferred but check every 25 seconds to prevent burning.)
- Pour the melted chocolate into the prepared baking dish and spread to a smooth, even layer. Place into the freezer to set while you make the nougat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the marshmallow fluff, 1/4 cup peanut butter and powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
- Remove the pan with chocolate from the freezer.
- Using your hands, push down the nougat onto the first layer of chocolate.
- Evenly distribute peanuts on top of the nougat and gently press the peanuts so they are “stuck” in place. I like salted peanuts in this recipe but unsalted would be fine.
- In the same way that you melted the chocolates, melt the caramels and heavy whipping cream. Stir the caramel until fully melted.
- Pour caramel over the nougat and smooth with a spatula. Place into the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Repeat the first step with the remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and 3 Tablespoons peanut butter. (Melt together.)
- Pour the final layer of melted chocolate over cooled caramel and place back into the fridge until hardened.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into squares.
Make these tasty homemade snickers bars and enjoy.
-Don’t miss! A Secret “CARB TRICK” That Burns Up To 1 Pound Per Day
Are you tired of dieting, counting calories and killing yourself in the gym? You are doing everything right and still can’t achieve the desired weight?
A 40-year-old Sarah Donovan burned away 22 pounds in just 13 days with this strange “carb-pairing” trick, without exercise or starving.