No one seems to agree on what should go into a hot Italian sub. Sure, you definitely need ham, salami, pepperoni, peppers, and hot melted cheese – but what kind of cheese? What kind of peppers? There’s just no consensus.
Personally, I prefer provolone and a mix of roasted red peppers and banana peppers – but it’s not something I want to argue about. I’d much rather focus on something that actually makes a big difference: the bread.
You see, most people just assume you have to make this sandwich on a hoagie roll. But then you’ve got one great big sandwich that’s hard to serve. You have to sort of carve off slices for each person. Who wants to mess around with that, especially at a party?
My solution? Turn this sandwich into a batch of handy sliders. Layer all your ingredients onto slider buns, top them, brush them with that zesty Italian-seasoned melted butter, and bake.
In half an hour, you’ve got mini Italian sandwiches that you can just grab and eat with one hand. You can even dip them in marinara sauce for an extra kick.
A hot Italian sub that’s easy to serve? Now that’s something everyone can agree on.
HOW TO MAKE HOT ITALIAN SUB SLIDERS
Ingredients you will need:
- slider buns (Hawaiian rolls)
- pepperoni (large rounds)
- provolone cheese
- roasted red peppers, slices
- banana peppers, sliced
- Italian seasoning
- Marinara sauce for dipping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice your slider buns in half, place bottom of buns in a baking dish, layer your ham, salami, and pepperoni.
Top with provolone and sprinkle with roasted red peppers and banana peppers on top.
In small bowl whisk together butter and Italian seasoning.
Place your other half of slider buns in top.
Brush on top of buns with butter mixture.
Cover with tinfoil and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
Remove from oven and brush with more butter if desired.
Dip in marinara sauce if desired.
- 12 count slider buns Hawaiian rolls
- 12 slices ham
- 12 slices salami
- 12 slices pepperoni large rounds
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers slices
- 1/2 banana peppers sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Tbs Italian seasoning
- Marinara sauce for dipping
-Don’t miss! A Secret “CARB TRICK” That Burns Up To 1 Pound Per Day
Are you tired of dieting, counting calories and killing yourself in the gym? You are doing everything right and still can’t achieve the desired weight?
A 40-year-old Sarah Donovan burned away 22 pounds in just 13 days with this strange “carb-pairing” trick, without exercise or starving.
- Preheat oven to 350. Slice your slider buns in half, place bottom of buns in a baking dish, layer your ham, salami, pepperoni and provolone over the top.
- Sprinkle with roasted red peppers and banana peppers.
- In small bowl whisk together butter and Italian seasoning.
- Place your other half of slider buns in top.
- Brush on top of buns with butter mixture.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with more butter if desired.