This Instant Pot Beef And Broccoli is the most popular recipe on Corrie Cooks, and it’s gonna be one of your favorite Instant Pot recipes for sure!
I’m a huge fan of Asian cuisine! I love the combination of sweet and salty, meat, and vegetables, and I am crazy about the sauces!
So there are lots of recipes to satisfy my taste buds, but I always return to this classic beef & broccoli.
If you want your kids to eat more broccoli – this is a great option. No need to go to a restaurant – make the perfect homemade Beef and Broccoli using your Instant Pot!
What Cut of Beef to Use?
For this recipe you can use chuck roast, flank steak, skirt steak or sirloin steak. They are all works great with the sweet sauce.
A chuck roast for example, is a cut of meat from the chuck, which is also known as the shoulder part of the steer.
Anyway, these details are not very important if you have a local meat vendor that can provide guidance and give you the perfect beef for this recipe.
Is Sesame Oil Necessary?
If you’re not allergic to it, then you should try to follow the recipe. The purpose of this oil is to bring out some of the flavors and combine others. Honestly, I’ve tried this food with and without sesame oil and I always return to the one with.
However, if you can’t find some or you don’t feel like going to the store just for this, the dish will still be delicious. So, there’s no need for substitutes.
Can I replace the brown sugar?
Yes. you can replace it with honey or white sugar.
Can I make it with chicken?
Yes, you can make this Instant Pot recipe with chicken, but then you will have chicken and broccoli.
Do I have to use beef broth?
No. If you don’t have any, replace it with 3/4 cup of water.
Do I have to use cornstarch?
No. You can make this Instant Pot beef and broccoli recipe without cornstarch. But adding it will improve the taste and texture.
Cornstarch is a better thickening agent and doesn’t influence the taste of the food (unlike flour). Also, it doesn’t get lumps because you have to dissolve it in a liquid (like milk or water) before adding it into the sauce.
In this case, you have to create a mixture of water and cornstarch and add this mixture into the sauce. To make sure there are no lumps, use a whisk to gently incorporate the cornstarch with the water.
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- 1 1/2 lb chuck roast or flank steak sliced into thin strips
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 pound broccoli cut into florets
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
-Don’t miss! A Secret “CARB TRICK” That Burns Up To 1 Pound Per Day
Are you tired of dieting, counting calories and killing yourself in the gym? You are doing everything right and still can’t achieve the desired weight?
A 40-year-old Sarah Donovan burned away 22 pounds in just 13 days with this strange “carb-pairing” trick, without exercise or starving.
- Put canola oil in the Instant Pot and select “Saute”.
- When the oil is ready, brown the meat in batches.
- Stir in the beef broth, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Lock the lid in place. Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. Make sure the valve is set to the sealing position.
- When the cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release. (Set the valve to the venting position and when the valve drops, carefully remove the lid)
- Add the cornstarch and water mixture and stir until smooth.
- Select “saute”, add the broccoli and stir a bit.
- Close the Instant Pot and let the broccoli cook for 3 minutes (fresh) or 5 minutes (frozen) on saute (no need for pressure cooking).
- Open the lid, serve and enjoy!