This is a Meatloaf recipe for people who love their Meatloaf oozing with flavour, moist and tender yet not crumble apart when sliced, and a sticky caramelised meatloaf glaze .
It’s so much more than just a giant hunk of ground beef in a loaf shape! Try this once, and you’ll treasure this recipe forever!
It’s economical. It’s quick to prepare. It’s a classic family favourite. And leftovers make terrific sandwiches.
How do you perfect a meatloaf? Make it in an Instant Pot, of course. We loved how moist this loaf turned out in the pressure cooker: the steam helps it cook while preventing it from drying out.
While you have the Instant Pot out, check out our other Instant Pot recipes for some easy peasy dinner ideas. Be sure to leave us a comment down below and share how you liked this recipe!
Instant Pot Meatloaf Recipe
FOR THE MEATLOAF
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. whole milk
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients for the meatloaf. Shape into a round loaf and transfer onto a large piece of aluminum foil. Gather and crimp edges of foil around meatloaf to make a “loaf pan” about the size of the bottom of the Instant Pot trivet.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into the Instant Pot and place trivet inside with the handles up. Place meatloaf on top of trivet and lock lid. Set to Pressure Cook on high for 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to broil. Follow manufacturer’s guide for quick release, making sure to wait until cycle is complete before unlocking and removing lid. Transfer meatloaf to a baking sheet and broil until browned, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar. Brush over meatloaf and broil again until caramelized, about 2 minutes more.
What to serve with meatloaf
I can’t think of a better way to serve Meatloaf than on a pile of creamy mashed potato, though for a lower carb version, cauliflower mash would be fantastic too.
A dollop of ketchup, a leafy salad or steamed greens with dressing and you have yourself an epic plate of home-cooked comfort-food bliss, with the added bonus of meatloaf sandwiches to enjoy tomorrow!
-Don’t miss! A Secret “CARB TRICK” That Burns Up To 1 Pound Per Day
Are you tired of dieting, counting calories and killing yourself in the gym? You are doing everything right and still can’t achieve the desired weight?
A 40-year-old Sarah Donovan burned away 22 pounds in just 13 days with this strange “carb-pairing” trick, without exercise or starving.