Who doesn’t love a deliciously creamy no-bake dessert? And when it comes to creamy no-bake desserts, this no bake blueberry pie recipe certainly does not disappoint.
With two fluffy layers sandwiching a layer of blueberry pie filling, this Southern classic is no-bake deliciousness at its best.
But just what exactly this recipe is?
A “No-bake blueberry pie recipe” is a classic creamy layered dessert with a crust (typically shortbread-type or graham cracker) and a fruit or flavored filling sandwiched between two fluffy cream cheese/whipped cream layers. It’s creaminess makes it a totally satisfying, comfort food dessert, for sure.
I’m not sure where the dessert originated, or how its name came to be. But pie recipes are a very popular Southern dessert, ranging in all sorts of flavors … from Cherry pie recipes to Strawberry pie recipes, this ever-classic Blueberry pie recipes, and even summery Peach pie recipes. And then there’s also our newly-created fall-favorite Pumpkin pie recipes that we absolutely adore.
Perhaps its name comes from the fact that it’s a whole bunch of yummy stuff layered together? Or, from the fact its layered deliciousness can be perfectly described with just one simple little word – yum. But it’s so good, you want to say it twice!
All I can say is, wherever this dessert came from and however it got its fun little name, a huge thank you to whoever it was that created it! Because this stuff is just soooo good. It truly is Southern no-bake deliciousness at its best.
Pie recipes in general are very easy to make. Since this Blueberry pie recipe takes advantage of canned blueberry pie filling convenience and is completely no-bake, it’s especially easy to make. You don’t even need to warm up that oven to bake up the graham cracker crust.
How to make No-Bake Blueberry Pie Recipe
-1 1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
-6 T. unsalted butter, melted
-1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Mixture:
-1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
-1/2 c. confectioners’ sugar
-2 c. whipping cream
-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
-3 T. granulated sugar
-1 (21 oz.) can blueberry pie filling
Prepare the Crust:
1. In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, and melted butter. Blend with a fork until crumbs are moistened.
2. Set aside 2 tablespoons of crumbs to sprinkle on the top.
3. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9×9-inch pan that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Prepare the Cream Cheese Mixture:
1. With an electric mixer, cream together softened cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, whip the whipping cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
3. By hand, mix together whipped cream and cream cheese mixture until well combined.
Assemble the Yum Yum Layers:
1. Spread a little less than half the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture evenly over the crust.
2. Drop blueberry pie filling by large spoonfuls on top of the cream cheese layer. Gently spread blueberry pie filling evenly over the cream cheese layer.
3. Top blueberry layer with the remaining cream cheese/whipped cream mixture. Gently spread it evenly over the blueberry layer, covering it completely.
4. Sprinkle the top with the 2 tablespoons reserved graham cracker crumbs.
5. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.
1. I buy the “premium” pie filling so it’s loaded with more blueberries.
2. 1/3-less fat cream cheese works just fine in this recipe, if you’d like.
3. You can substitute an 8 ounce container of Cool Whip non-dairy whipped topping for the homemade whipped cream in the cream cheese mixture if you’d prefer.
4. We like our pie recipe thick! And that’s just how this recipe turns out – nice, thick creamy layers. We recommend doubling the recipe for a 9×13″ pan. You could “stretch” this recipe to a 9×13″ pan, but the layers will be very thin (and you would probably need to double the crust portion for it to adequately cover the bottom of the pan).
5. We find the flavor of this Blueberry pie recipe to improve even more as it sits. We love it after it’s refrigerated overnight, and love it even more after it’s sat and melded together for two nights!
We hope you’ll like this No-Bake Blueberry Pie Recipe.
-Don’t miss! A Secret “CARB TRICK” That Burns Up To 1 Pound Per Day
Are you tired of dieting, counting calories and killing yourself in the gym? You are doing everything right and still can’t achieve the desired weight?
A 40-year-old Sarah Donovan burned away 22 pounds in just 13 days with this strange “carb-pairing” trick, without exercise or starving.