This Frozen Pineapple Margarita is the perfect frozen drink for a warm afternoon! It’s tropical and sweet with a kick from the spicy chili-salt rim.
No Cinco de Mayo celebration is complete without frozen margaritas flowing! I know, some like their margs a bit more traditional – on the rocks, no fruit added – but that’s not me.
I’ve tried just about every fruity margarita out there: mango – check, watermelon – check, strawberry – check, peach – check. I just had to give pineapple margs a try next – and I HAD to put a spicy spin on them!
Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits. I like the sweet, tropical flavor. What gives this frozen pineapple margarita a real kick is the chili spiked salt rim. Get ready for a real treat for your taste buds.
Refreshing Frozen Pineapple Margaritas
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- 1 tablespoon lime juice for the rim of your glass
- sprinkle of chili powder and salt for the rim of your glass
- lime slices for garnish, optional
- fresh pineapple chunks for garnish, optional
- In a blender combine ice cubes, pineapple chunks, lime juice, tequila, and triple sec; process to a consistency of a slushy.
- Pour lime juice in a shallow plate or shallow bowl.
- Combine chili powder and salt in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip the rim of your glasses in the lime juice; then dip in the chili/salt mixture.
- Pour prepared margarita in glasses.
- Garnish with lime slices and pineapples.
How to Rim a Margarita Glass
The chili powder spiked salt rim is what really makes these margaritas special. It’s important you get your glasses rimmed just right! A great margarita with a spotty rim is such a let down. I know some people who dip in water – I don’t recommend this method. I’ve also seen people glide a lime wedge around the rim of the glass, this won’t do either because the pulp also ends up on the rim!
How to get a perfectly rimmed margarita glass:
Pour lime juice into a shallow bowl.
Put your salt, sugar, or mix into a shallow bowl and spread evenly on the bottom of the bowl.
Dip the rim of your glasses into the lime juice.
Dip the rim into the salt mixture.
We hope you’ll enjoy this Frozen Pineapple Margaritas.
-Don’t miss! A Secret “CARB TRICK” That Burns Up To 1 Pound Per Day
Are you tired of dieting, counting calories and killing yourself in the gym? You are doing everything right and still can’t achieve the desired weight?
A 40-year-old Sarah Donovan burned away 22 pounds in just 13 days with this strange “carb-pairing” trick, without exercise or starving.