Smothered Pork Chops – Juicy and delicious pan-seared pork chops cooked in a rich onion gravy. A super easy dinner recipe, perfect for any night of the week!
SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS
A simple recipe for golden and tender Smothered Pork Chops served in a deliciously creamy and EXTRA flavorful gravy. A pork chops recipe that is low carb, Keto-friendly, gluten-free, and very easy to make.
If you are a pork fan, you are going to LOVE this saucy pork chops recipe. Add some Creamy Mashed Cauliflower and a veggie, and you’ve got a complete meal in no time that the entire family will enjoy.
HOW TO MAKE SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS RECIPE
Most recipes for gravy-smothered-anything call for flour, but to keep this recipe lower in carbs, we are going to eliminate the flour, completely. Butter and heavy cream stay.
- First, for the best golden and juicy results, we’re going to start with searing some bone-in pork chops in butter and oil for 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer pork chops to a plate and keep covered.
- Next step is to thinly slice the onion and add to the skillet. Cook onions in butter for about 12 minutes over medium-low heat. You are looking for very soft and caramelized onions.
- Then, we stir in chicken broth and scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Finally, whisk in some heavy cream and add the pork chops back into the skillet. Continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until pork chops’ internal temperature reaches 135˚F. Use a meat thermometer, please.
- Remove from heat and serve.
When you don’t have much time to spare, and you need to get dinner on the table soon, just whip out your skillet and try these scrumptious pork chops – you won’t be disappointed.
We keep coming back to this recipe because it’s just so delicious and quite easy to make.
DO I HAVE TO USE HEAVY CREAM
No. You can use whole milk or Half & Half, as well, but the gravy won’t be quite as creamy.
CAN I USE BONELESS PORK CHOPS?
Absolutely, but you will need to reduce the cooking time to about 3 to 4 minutes per side. DO NOT overcook because you will end up with tough pork chops.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
Store completely cooled pork chops in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- FOR THE PORK CHOPS
- 1 pound bone-in pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning or seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- FOR THE ONION GRAVY
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- pinch of salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Season pork chops with seasoning salt and pepper.
Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter is melted.
Add pork chops to skillet and sear for 5 minutes per side, until golden brown. If the skillet isn’t big enough, cook the pork chops in batches.
Transfer to a plate and keep covered.
Return skillet to heat and add a tablespoon of butter; melt over medium heat.
Stir in sliced onions and add a pinch of salt.
Cook onions for 12 minutes, or until very soft and caramelized, stirring frequently.
Add garlic and fresh thyme; continue to cook for 30 seconds.
Pour in chicken broth and using a wooden spoon, scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
Whisk in heavy cream and simmer for 1 minute.
Return pork chops and all the pork juices to the skillet.
Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook for 3 more minutes, or until pork is completely cooked through and sauce has thickened.
Remove from heat; garnish with parsley and serve.
-Don’t miss! A Secret “CARB TRICK” That Burns Up To 1 Pound Per Day
Are you tired of dieting, counting calories and killing yourself in the gym? You are doing everything right and still can’t achieve the desired weight?
A 40-year-old Sarah Donovan burned away 22 pounds in just 13 days with this strange “carb-pairing” trick, without exercise or starving.