Teriyaki Chicken Skewers, the most delicious marinated teriyaki chicken grilled to perfection and finished with a delicious teriyaki sauce.
This recipe calls for boneless skinless chicken thighs (or breasts if that’s all you have) marinated a teriyaki sauce in the fridge for a few hours. After they are done marinating in those delicious teriyaki flavors, they are cooked on the grill for a super tasty barbecued Asian meal.
Serve these super easy teriyaki grilled chicken skewers with steamed rice, veggies and more. We served ours with steamed white rice and a fresh cucumber salad – it was spectacular! I will link some of my favorite side dishes to serve with this recipe for you below.
Marinating the chicken in teriyaki sauce locks the flavors of the teriyaki into the chicken making it so scrumptious and cooking it on the grill gives it so much more fabulous flavors from the barbecue!
- Course -Main Course
- Cuisine -Asian
- Keyword – grilled teriyaki chicken skewers, teriyaki chicken kabobs
- Prep Time -1 hour
- Cook Time – 30 minutes
- Servings – 4 people
TOOLS TO HAVE ON HAND FOR THIS RECIPE:
- small saucepan – To make the teriyaki glaze.
- cooking spoon – For stirring your glaze while it cooks.
- measuring spoons + cups – To properly measure all of your ingredients.
- mincer – To mince the garlic. You can also just finely chop the garlic.
- skewers – To skewer the teriyaki chicken.
- grill/barbecue – For grilling the chicken skewers.
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs (or breasts) cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp rice vine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 8 skewers
- sesame seed
- chopped green onion
- First make the sauce: Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. In a medium saucepan, add the remaining ingredients along with the cornstarch/water mixture. Stirring frequently, bring sauce to a simmer. Cook until sauce lightly thickens. The sauce will be dark brown. Once the sauce has thickened up, remove from heat and let cool completely. (place in the fridge to speed up the process)
- Once the sauce is completely cooled, place cubed chicken in a large ziplock bag. Pour half of the sauce over the chicken and gently shake to coat the chicken. Let chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Place remaining sauce aside for later.
- When the chicken is done marinating, place your chicken on skewers and heat the grill to medium heat.
- Once the grill is hot, place skewers on a lightly oiled grill. Turn the skewers every 3-4 minutes until the chicken is cooked through (internal temp 165 degrees), about 20-30 minutes. During the last few turns baste with remaining teriyaki sauce.
- Remove skewers from the grill and serve with chopped green onion and a sprinkle of sesame seeds(optional).
Thanks for visiting our site!
-Don’t miss! A Secret “CARB TRICK” That Burns Up To 1 Pound Per Day
Are you tired of dieting, counting calories and killing yourself in the gym? You are doing everything right and still can’t achieve the desired weight?
A 40-year-old Sarah Donovan burned away 22 pounds in just 13 days with this strange “carb-pairing” trick, without exercise or starving.